Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The First Three Months: A Look Back

Hard to believe its January already – it seems like only
yesterday that I was sitting in Convocation Hall with hundreds of
other newbies in black robes. Since then, I like to think that I
accomplished quite a bit here at Mount A. I directed a short film,
performed in a SUSHI show (that’s the improv team, for all you
non-Mounties out there), wrote a few articles for the Argosy,
permanently altered my sleeping patterns and, most importantly, met
some fantastic people. This year looks even better – I’ve got five
great classes in a row on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, leaving
me Tuesdays and Thursdays to do all my reading. Of course, the new
year means making resolutions and occasionally keeping them. Here
are a few of mine.

1) Start going to the gym – More than twice a month. Maybe.

2) Get a radio show – This was supposed to happen much sooner,
but I was side-tracked by some other projects. Given my love
of music, comfy headphones and the sound of my own voice,
this could be right up my alley.

3) Get to know more people in other houses. – My experience thus
far has been pretty Bigelow-centric. I love it – like the cheer
says, we win all the games – but there’s so much of campus I
haven’t seen. Plus, I’ll be able to triple my amount of Facebook
friends.

It looks like its going to be a busy week – Two all-ages
Stereophonic shows to go to, the Steve Wozniak lecture, a SUSHI
practice and show and a film society screening of Volver Maybe
I’ll be able to schedule in some time for sleeping, eating and
bathing. I guess we'll see.

No comments: