Saturday, February 10, 2007

Witty Blog Title!

Hey everyone. Sorry for the delay - posts will be ridiculously frequent from now on. As much as I'd like to say I was off saving the world from imminent destruction in that time, truth is I was just in a wild frenzy of midterms, papers, etc. However, that doesn't mean nothing exciting has happened...here's a taste of life since the last entry.

- There is now a small skating rink on the lawn in front of Bigelow and Bennett House, the brainchild of some very dedicated Bennett residents. "Bennettonian Square Gardens" is the site of a weekend-long 3-on-3 hockey classic that's drawing plenty of spectators and players - and even media attention; a CTV cameraman was filming it all. Kudos to the rink masterminds - they were out at 4 am some nights, just keeping it in order.

- I've got a little part in a movie being shot for the annual Sackville Film Festival, being written and directed by a fellow Bigelonian. It's great - I get to wear a suit AND play a character with the same name as my favorite Baldwin brother (Alec, of course). Speaking of which, the suit I get to wear was a $7 Salvation Army find that might be the most comfortable suit I've ever worn. Plus, it's a nifty shade of dark green - it's like being Mr. Green in a life-size game of Clue. But I won't go off on a suit related tangent now...the movie is tentatively titled Sinny and it will rock your socks or any other footwear you prefer.

-Sitting down to an essay midterm based on 170 fact-packed pages of a textbook and tons of different material from lectures, and finding out that the two questions are on stuff you actually know really well = the best feeling in the world. It's like opening up a toxic waste barrel to find delicious premium ice cream.

- The backspace key just fell off my laptop keyboard. I don't know how to put it back on. I think I'll wrap things up, or else I might sxtart makeing typpoz.

Current Music: Yo La Tengo - "Let's Save Tony Orlando's House"
Apparently the name of this song comes from a Simpsons episode. And I didn't get the reference. Congratulations Yo La Tengo, you have stumped me on Simpsons trivia. I shall now retire to my bed in defeat.

Oh, it's good song, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I may be the only highschool student nerdy enough to spend so much time on a University's website that she eventually finds a link to a student's blog – and reads it. I've also watched the one-minute videos. Yours was my favourite, which is why I'm here reading your blog and not... well, one of the others.

So, I'm lusting after MTA, despite the fact that I've never been on campus, or in NB for that matter. Anyway, just thought I'd tell you, your blog is thus far hilarious. Nice writing skills. =)

- Talisa

P.S. I hope I'm not mistaken in my MTA-infatuation. Although, from the looks of your blog, I'm not.

Anonymous said...

The rink does look rather snazzy, though I admit I'm not a big fan of skating on outdoor ice because it's so rough (I live in Ottawa and rarely go on the Ottawa Canal, world's largest skating rink or not).