Thursday, March 29, 2007

It's The Final Countdown (do do DO do...do do DO Do do)

As of today, there are three days of classes left. That's...50 minutes times 15, carry the 2, take the differential, triangulate the vectors...um, not much time left to go. Here's a sampling of what's going on at the end of year one:

- Back in early March, I was elected president of Bigelow House (woo), so now the student exec is planning next year's events. So if any of you high school people out there decide to come to Mount A and are placed in Bigelow...you've got quite the Frosh week ahead of you. I would highly recommend bringing old clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Also, some Silly Putty. It won't be used, its just a lot of fun to play with and I don't have any. A Slinky would also be nice.

-On Tuesday I performed in a live play reading at the Owens art gallery as an assignment for my Introduction to Drama class. I had a choice between that and an essay...which is like choosing between an adorable kitten and being run over by 1996 Toyota Camry sedan while lying on a bed of nails listening to Kenny G (I'd choose the kitten, by the way). It was great fun - the play, called The Optimists by Morwyn Brebner, was a bittersweet, funny play about two couples visiting Las Vegas. Two are about to get married, the other two are dealing with a marriage on the rocks. I got to play Chick, one of the prospective newlyweds, a guy who wants to wear sweatpants to his wedding, which meant that I got to perform unshaven and wearing sweatpants onstage. And sing a few bars of "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story. And make ample use of the sailor-worthy profanity. I would like to take this opportunity to say hello to my mother. Hope you're enjoying the blog.

-Exams start the 9th. I would write more but my tears are short-circuiting my keyboard.

That's all 'til next time (which is tomorrow, what with the delay and all), but to tide you over, here are some YouTube picks that have been keeping me from doing anything valuable with my time.

300
is finally opening in Sackville tomorrow. I'd post the trailer with all the violence, gore and nudity, but some of you had to go and be under 17 and ruin the fun for everyone. Oh well...enjoy this quite hilarious PG-rated version instead.



Here's seven minutes of one-liners from David Caruso, who plays Horatio on CSI Miami. I've never been a fan, but after watching this clip, I've started wearing sunglasses, just so I can take them off and put them back on again to punctuate a sentence.



Also, in the next few days I'll be adding a few snazzy new features to the blog. I don't want to use hyperbole hear, but they'll change your life in ways you can't imagine.

1 comment:

charlie&buster said...

Dear Neil,
We are enjoying your blog.Please add your take on the Sackville canine scene. You rock! Good luck on your exams.
Tails up and wet noses to you!
Charlie&Buster