Sunday, May 6, 2007

The summer wind, came blowin' in...

What a difference a month makes. 4 weeks ago tonight, I was sleepy and unshaven, gorging myself with caffeine and dreading exams. Now, I'm relaxing back at home in Saint John, chipper, beardless and enjoying the sunshine. I've got more than three months to myself. Which begs the question - what now?

After undergoing an intensive exam rehabilitation period, including a shaving, lots of naps and a caffeine detox program, I set about finding ways to waste my time. I started by finding ways to waste my time. I started with video games, of course, rotting my mind with Dead Rising (mindless zombie-killin' - yes!) and Crackdown (like Robocop, if Robocop could leap over tall buildings and throw dumpsters at people - very yes!). Next is TV - as far as new stuff goes, I'm into The Office, 30 Rock and The Sopranos, and I'm rewatching Arrested Development on DVD. Of course, I'm not just turning my brain into mush - I'm also catching up on some reading. Currently I'm in the middle of "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer, and I'm planning on tackling "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy next. I also worked a temp job last week, interviewing people about motor vehicle registration. Also, I saw a squirrel one time.

If all this seems a little boring, well, it's pretty hard to convey relaxation in an exciting way. But all that will change. I'll be updating this very blog every Monday for the entire summer, so stay tuned for rants and musings about current events, exciting adventures or whatever else I can think of. 'Til then, get out and enjoy the summer (yes, I know it's still spring, but still) and I'll see you next week.

No comments: